Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 5- What/Who Inspires Me

My inspiration comes from a variety of things and people. 

What inspires me most is seeing other weight loss success stories similar to mine. It makes me think that I can do it too. In the past 18 years, I've seen a few people that I know lose a lot of weight and change their lives. 

Just the fact that I was sick of feeling bad all the time, and being lazy, inspires me to keep going. I never, ever want to go back to that feeling or lifestyle ever again. 

Some of the people that inspire me are: 
1. My brother Matt. He has always cared about his health and inspires me every time I see him. He is so dedicated to eating right and maintaining a fit lifestyle. I love him dearly.
2. My best friend, accountability partner, and workout buddy Tracy Miller. She's lost a bunch of weight over the years and keeps me in check. She never lets me feel like a failure even when I have failed miserably. I honestly couldn't do it without her right now. 
3. A few individuals who I call my friends and that continue to inspire me every single day through their photos, updates and success stories on Facebook and/or myfitnesspal are: Tonja Bolding (a former teacher of mine who rocked her weight loss several years ago and has maintained her fit lifestyle while inspiring me and others), and Becky Drennan Hedges (a childhood friend of mine who looks amazing and around the same time as me, lost an astonishing amount of weight).  Both of these women lost their weight without any surgery just like me.  They may not realize it, but they are a huge inspiration to me! 

Of course you can't forget Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels. I love the Biggest Loser and used to dream of being on that show.  I still watch it and wish I could be on it even though I'm a few pounds from my goal weight.  

And of course I wouldn't mind Chris Powell training me either....

A girl can dream can't she? :) 

That's it. I have a lot of inspirations but these are they and that's it for now. Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment